Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday, Monday!

Good afternoon family and friends! I want to take the time and thank each and everyone of you who has read my blog and who has reached out to me.  You're support means everything!  I'm truly blessed and humbled by the responses I've received.


I wish I was the type of person who wakes up on Mondays and shrieks with pure delight!  BUT...I'm not!  It's ok, I'm learning to embrace my flaws and short comings.  Tyler is off to basketball camp.  The head coach is an amazing character!  He truly has a gift, he's able to pull out his students talents and abilities.  My day isn't very structured today, and for that I'm grateful.  I usually like to jam pack my days full of duties and obligations and to my own demise cause unnecessary stress and gray hair.
As I sit here in front of the computer, I hear my two younger kids playing Xbox and yelling back an forth.  Sometimes I turn a deaf ear to the crazy and drift off into my own world.  Come on, I'm not the only one who does that, right?!  Oh the joys of motherhood!  I tell you, there should be an information class people have to take before they become parents.  Motherhood is awesome but MAN it can be TOUGH!  But that's a topic for another day.

I know a lot of my friends like to do laundry and I am giving you a standing ovation as I type these words!  But I loathe it, despise it, I would rather be doing anything other than laundry!  Are you wondering why I'm blabbing away about laundry?  Because it's taunting me in the back of my mind to get my crap together!  When I sat down at my computer to write, I thought I should be tackling the beast I like to call laundry.  Today is the day I will put my mountain of clean clothes away.  Today will be the day I match all my socks up!  I'll keep you informed if I finish my task, but don't hold your breath, I'd hate for you to pass out because of me!

Day 3 of Light Therapy:

Before I tell you about today's adventure I want to tell you what happened over the weekend.  My best friend's daughter had a birthday party on Saturday.  It was at this charming gymnastics place, it wasn't air conditioned.  When I walked into the festivities I felt the humidity instantly.  I thought oh great, we're going to have to leave within minutes because Joe doesn't tolerate heat very well.  When it's hot he itches.  Then it turns into a 30 minute ordeal of Brian and I trying to make him comfortable.  He darted off to play with the kids, they were jumping, tumbling, and hanging all over the place.  They were having a blast!  I felt like I was holding my breath just waiting for the itching to start.  But guess what?  He didn't itch one time while he was out there playing.  These kids were playing hard too!  Play time lasted an hour of non stop playing.  Can you say SWEET VICTORY!  



Today on the way to his doctor's appointment was pretty enjoyable, no tears were shed.  We waited a good 40 minutes to be seen.  I hate that these treatments aren't scheduled based.  But whatever, it's part of the process, right?  There was a lady ahead of us and her entire body was splotchy.  We began talking and she's been coming for light therapy for several months and she says her skin has improved greatly.  That was so encouraging to hear.  The nurse called us back, and this time the struggle seemed a little less.  I was able to get him undressed and greased up before the tears started.  We hugged each other at least 10 times, and gave a million kisses.  As the nurse was closing the door Joe was cry yelling that he loved me and was going to miss me.  Bless his heart!  They upped his therapy time from 2 minutes to 2 minutes and 20 seconds.  I stood there looking into the little window of the chamber and loudly counted down the time.  Before we knew it, the time was up and we were getting dressed.  It was easier to calm him down today.  He came out of the chamber pretty itchy so that part took until we got home to stop.  Thankfully we only have to go back one more time this week.  Because we are planning on going to a water park this week and will be outside all day.  

Well I hope you have a great start to your week!  

xoxox,

Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment